Friday, July 14, 2006

Saw the Pirate Movie Last Night

Our family was finally all together last night, so we were able to go see "Pirates." Thing 2 and I seemed to be the only ones that really liked it. Husband said it wasn't as good as the first, while Thing 1 slept for almost the entirety of the film.
I liked the movie for the comedy, not so much the plot line. So, this morning I read a review by the Chicago Sun-Times and I now realize why the husband didn't like it as much. I can't say much about snooze boy, as he just needed to sleep. But I was thoroughly ready for a mindless, uber thrill-ride and it fit the bill for me.
One thing I was disappointed about was the last little ditty at the end... After reading this bit of the Corvallis G-Ts Roses and Raspberries section, I stayed... along with about 20 others to see what the writer was talking about. Let me spare you ALL of those credits... just leave.

I'm off to run kids places...

Have a spiffed out day,
~ch

2 comments:

Vita said...

Oh oh oh. Run kids places? Barn? ?? DD saw pirate movie 2 times, even though she said it's not as good as pirate movie 1. Thank you for being there last night. Was the movie after the marches on the museum lawn? I think movie theaters are a great place to sleep.

Unknown said...

Yep, the barn! She's training this weekend... 5 lessons and a schooling. What a kid.
Movie was after the concert. The concert was fun, ask me anytime. That was the perfect gig for me... no rehearsal, all sight reading...fun!