Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm Not the Favorite Parent


Today has been a day. They say that children only let their true feelings come out when they feel safe and comfortable. Apparently, mine feel just great around the house and are feeling especially safe around ME.

I try to listen with an open mind. I try not to take the hurtful things said to heart. I try not to over-react, because I want to know what they have to say... geez, this is hard at times. Thankfully, these times are rare enough that this just reminds me that they are normal teenagers doin' their thing.

I will be visiting my own mom this weekend and will try and remember to be a good "kid." I'm really looking forward to the trip, because I'm headed out on my own, which means...

1. I get to drive the car.
2. I can stop anytime I want to go to the bathroom.
3. I get to choose the bathroom.
4. No fast food.
5. I choose the music.

Hooray for alone time!

My mom has just opened up her own art studio and this Friday evening will be her first show featuring herself and other Pacific Grove area artists in her own studio. I wish I had a link to provide, but no such luck...

Anyway, I hope to put some pictures on the blog so you all can share in the fun!

spater,
ch

1 comment:

Vita said...

Oh, that is so exciting. I can relate. HH is going on a trip alone with the car, towing the 1947 motorcycle. He will meet other enthusiasts there, where it is predicted to be 103˚. I will be borrowing a car and driving to Portland with DD, which means I don't get to pick the music, unless she's plugged in to her i-pod. DD and I are invited to go along on M/C trip, but thought it was finally time to do postponed Portland chore. We've been putting it off too long already.