Monday, July 10, 2006

Odds and Ends and thoughts on Zidane

Summer is a wonderful time...
Playing music, playing softball, geocaching, bbqing, visiting on the porch with friends. All of these are things I adore doing. I'm always telling myself that I could be a stay at home mom and it would be great. Problem is, every time I try to do this... I go stir crazy. So, my solution is that I work throughout the school year and have summers off just like the kids. Wake up early, try and have a lot to do each day and make the summer last as long as possible!
At the moment, it's a bit grey outside. The girl and husband have gone off to work, the boy has gone off to socialize with his many buddies and I have the house to myself (other than my lime stealing dog.)
I took the car into have its 85k mile check and had coffee with a friend (Vita) this morning. I think I bored poor Vita with vacation pictures, but she acted as if she were interested...my kind friend : )
I'll do some spiffing up around the house and then go out again...otherwise, you know... I'm not taking advantage of summer!
On a side note... watching the final match of the World Cup yesterday, I thought France was doing a great job and carried their energy through. I had started watching the match routing for Italy, but had thought that maybe France might deserve it more as they were showing up to the game more than Italy. That all changed in the closing minutes when France's Zidane head-butted an Italian player in the chest. That was just bad sportsmanship... I was back to Italy in a heartbeat. Good sportsmanship goes a long way and Frances Zidane has a lot to learn. His actions on the pitch regarding his behavior erased what good he has done with a football...too bad. Goodbye Zidane and congratulations Italy!
~ch

1 comment:

Vita said...

Your vacation pictures were not boring, being of castles and haunted churches and goofy kids and Venice.