Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bubbles and Smoke!


I've spent the last couple of days wandering around Corvallis' Da Vinci Days festival and today, I think I'm just about Da Vincied out.

Last night Mumbo Gumbo and Stairway Denied played. They were both very good and entertaining. I think though, what I found most entertaining was watching the crowd. Especially this one guy who was having a great time during Stairway Denied. He danced (more like bounced from side to side) and every once in a while would run back to his friends to say something, then run right up front again to do the bounce thing.

The husband and I were marveling at the different styles of hair donned by many, eating fair food and having micro brews... lovely evening.

Thing 1 had fun messing around with his friends and watching the bands.
Thing 2 brought a friend and just wanted to see the whole thing. Thing 2 has been working so much, that she hasn't been able to do a lot of other fun kid stuff... so, she enjoyed her evening out : )

At the end of the evening, we all met up and now can marvel at our own sons hair. While we were all in the festival, thing 1 and friends gave each other mohawks... Imagine his disappointment when I said I liked it ; )

Today is the Geocaching contest and I really wanted to participate, but thing 1 and caching partner has to work. It wouldn't be as much fun without her and I know she would feel left out if I did it alone. We'll go do some together later this week.
Oh yea, why did I call this post "Bubbles and Smoke?" When we went to listen to the high school battle of the bands... I over heard a small child (~4 years old) say to his mom "Hurry mom!! there's bubbles and smoke!" Who wouldn't want to see that?
later,
~ch

3 comments:

crallspace said...

I have passed by the event, but like my neighbor and I discussed, $10 a person is a bit steep.

Plus, my attention span is cut in half at concerts. For some reason, I don't like them anymore, and want to leave as soon as I get there--- even for music I like. WTF?

Unknown said...

Hi Crall,
$10 for each is a bit steep. Although we bought 2 three day pass braclets (so, $5 per day.) The whole thing seems smaller to me this year... I don't know why... Maybe, I'm just getting bigger : )
ch

Vita said...

I thought it seemed smaller, too, but I think I was confusing it with Fall Festival. It was nice that not so many streets as I had anticipated were blocked off. Getting to the library was easy. DD had a great time Saturday. Saw some funny looking vehicles pedaling around, and decided the guy at the next table having coffee Friday was one of those funny vehicle peddlers. I think I recognized the words on his shirt.