Monday, July 17, 2006

My Surprisingly Fun Day


I wrote yesterday that I was not going to be able to participate in the geocaching event, because I was without my daughter... Well, wonderful husband and dog said they'd join in (well, the dog didn't really say anything, but he seemed happy enough.)

As it turned out, we won first prize in the advanced group! I was very surprised, as I do not consider myself advanced by any means. But, if you have found 10+ caches, you're advanced in this competition.

I had fun running around town and figuring out the clues and had to RUN back to the booth after we found the last cache ( I even saw a dear friend that I hadn't seen all summer, and had to yell at her as I was running by that I couldn't talk!) You are allotted 2 hours to find as many as you can. If you go over, you are penalized points per minute. We found all caches and were 3 minutes over time (3 minutes = -1pt.)

I was HOT and RED. The wonderful people at the booth gave me a cold bottle of water and a t-shirt for participating : ) Truthfully, I was really excited about the t-shirt and figured that would be it for the day.

After finding out that we won, I was surprised to see what goodies they were awarding (1st, 2nd and 3rd to Novice and Advanced groups)... gift certificates to downtown businesses, gps units, hand-held computers, more t-shirts! The people that put this event together went to a lot of trouble to make this an extraordinarily fun day. If any of you read my blog...THANK YOU!
After going home to rest a bit, it was more fun on the softball field : ) Though, we didn't win, it's always fun to play and see friends.
It's Monday, I should do something productive... we'll see.
as always,
~ch

2 comments:

Vita said...

Congratulations! You WON. Yaaaaaa!

Andy said...

Hey, congrats on the win! We had a great DaVinci weekend, too. Mostly taking photos of the Kinetic race events so I missed a lot of the other happenings.