Wednesday, July 12, 2006

And Someone Left the Cake in the Rain...


OK, so it wasn't just someone... it was me. AND, it wasn't a cake... it was the phone book.

While sitting out back yesterday, I was thumbing through several books (a cookbook, the telephone book and the newest National Geographic), drinking diet coke and in high spirits. To be honest, I've been so happy to be home, that it's rare that my spirits would sink.


Right. So, I get up to go inside to see what's in the refrigerator and what I need to make dinner. I take everything along except the phone book. This morning...rain.


I have it (the phone book) sitting on the counter now, but I'm considering putting it in the food dehydrator... maybe I should just put it in front of the fan, because now that I wrote it down that I was even considering the food dehydrator makes me think "what an idiot!" OK, the fan it is.


We have a concert in the park tonight. I hope the rain lets up and we end up with a beautiful afternoon.
~ch

3 comments:

Corvallist said...

Corvallist kid decided to sleep in the back yard last night, sans tent. ; ) At about 5 a.m., I heard the rain start and made her come inside, but I think she would've stayed there!

Unknown said...

Yea for the Corvallist kid!
Kids are fun : )
I have one that likes to ride his bike before the sun comes up so that he can get as much out of the summer break as possible.

Vita said...

Yeah for rain, kids, and concerts in the park. Enjoyed your story about the phone book.