Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ooooh, I want a hot tub...no wait, a fountain...no...

I want to make a fountain. My son has very little faith in his mom that she can do it... The boy is 15 and remarkably knows everything there is to know about everything and I know absolutely nothing...How about that?

Anyway, I shared my idea that I want some sort of gurgling water sound in the back yard, as I have always liked water sounds and I like to be in water. This fountain idea is only second to my hot tub idea. Again, it involves water, so I'm in. Although my dear friend and reader says to have a hot tub is only asking for an orgy to happen...Really? Wow! I saw a sale on hot tubs in the Rite-Aid parking lot ; )
OK, so it looks as though I can't afford to have an orgy inducing hot tub, so I'll settle for a little splishy-splashy fountain (smooching may occur.) Off I go, looking for the perfect fountain, but none are quite what I'm looking for and I really want to make my own. The next problem is the placement of where the fountain is to go. I know exactly where I want it, except that there is no electrical outlet there. Undeterred, I phone Garlands to see if there are such things as battery powered pumps or better still, solar powered pumps. Oh yes, there are solar powered pumps starting at $300! Now I'm thinking for $300 I could buy a ready made fountain... or better yet, use that as a down payment on a hot tub!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you go for the hot tub, you should probably look to solar as well. My parents have a gas heated hot tub at their place that has been used maybe 20 times since they moved in (19 years ago). Too expensive to keep it heated constantly, so they only heat it when they are thinking about using it. However, takes about 8 hours to heat. Lots of spontaneity there. So they never use it.

Anonymous said...

*ahem* When I was 14, my mom remarried, and as a big treat, I was permitted to back the car up in the driveway. Well, I ran over a standing pipe and water started spraying everywhere. My mom, nonplussed, simply said, "I always wanted a fountain at my wedding."

I suggest making yours a different way. :)

Vita said...

Ha ha! I like your fantasial hot-tub pond picture. I think a lap pool would be more fun than a hot tub, but I'm clearly jaded.

My 16 year old daughter knows everything, too. How nice for them.

I would love to have some solar panels. I think it would be just great when they produce lots of power and make my electric meter run backwards.