Saturday, July 22, 2006

Great Night

Like the title says... we had great night tonight! ~400 people came through the gallery and a few items even sold : )

I didn't serve the wine though... dang. Mom has many good friends here in PG and one had already signed up for the job. The band was fabulous. The tuba player got up and danced during his solo... I liked him even more after that.

I saw people I haven't seen in 16+ years and I'm pining for California.
I love being on the coast and I love music and art. Pretty much... I'm thrilled to be here. Not to say I'm not thrilled with Oregon, because I am... There's just something special about coming home.

Well, as I said... I didn't serve the wine. I mingled. Oh, and I was witty too. I said some amazing stuff, but I can't remember exactly what I said right now... but as I recall, I was fairly wonderful.
After moms (and all other galleries) were closed, I was able to wander a bit and ended up walking in my socks over to another gallery up the street and making new friends.

Darling Husband...
If you are reading this... Do you remember going into a gallery where there was a wooden fish on a stick (or maybe it was a chicken) and you liked it? Moms gallery is in the same building, but in the room directly behind it. Her stuff is way (waaaay) better.

OK, it's after midnight. I'm going to spell check and call it an evening.

Good night everyone,
~ch

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... Chicken on a stick.

Vita said...

Sounds lovely. How typical.

Anonymous said...

Typical? OK, now I need to think of some more gritty things to share...
It might take me a bit, but give me time.

smee

Anonymous said...

Tittering and laughter. You're a hoot.

S'not

Vita said...

Aren't you glad to be home? The dangerously hot warning has been removed from the weather page for Corvallis!