Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fun with Barbed Wire

I got up early this morning with big plans ahead for my day. Now that I have the next couple of months off, I want to stay on a (somewhat) schedule. I tend to go a bit nuts when I don't have things to do, or people to see... So, I try and stay busy.
This morning I got up, made the bed, folded laundry and asked my spiffy daughter (SD) if she wanted to go on a short hike. 7:30 AM and were dressed and headed into the woods with the dog to find a cache. The gps said it was only .5 miles away from our house, so off we went. Sounds simple eh? We started out OK, but then we came to a fork in the trail. I said (genius that I am) lets go this way... off we went. After a bit, I could tell we were getting further away from our target area, so I said to SD "we should head back and take that other trail"
SD: "no, it's all up hill that way... this looks like a trail, lets take it."
CH: "Sure thing."
SD: "Mom, I don't think this is a trail"
CH: "no, I don't think so either... Let's turn back and go the way we came from."
SD: (genius that she is) "I'm sure the trail is right behind those trees lets go a little further"
CH: (genius me) "OK!"
After much fun of laying on our backs and squirming under barbed wire, climbing over fences and A LOT of trespassing, we found our spot and the cache.
It only took about 30 minutes to get back home.
It's 10:30 and I feel like I've gotten a lot in already, but there's much more on the plate for later.
Enjoy your day,
~ch

9 comments:

Vita said...

Ooooo, much more on the plate for later? That is so intriguing. What an exciting morning you and SD have had. Please tell SD good day from me.

Vita said...

Hello again. I was thinking about you and SD crawling through the woods, and hoping you didn't run into any poison oak. Are you geocaching again this morning?

Unknown said...

Hi Vita,
No, only now have I sat down to check email. I've been cleaning the house. Hopefully, I'll go work out this afternoon then... softball tonight!

Vita said...

Oh, wow! You're playing softball? Catcher? Cleanup? What?

Unknown said...

My knees don't swing that way anymore ; )
I go wherever needs a player... is that cleanup?

Vita said...

No, cleanup is the 4th batter in the lineup. Or maybe it's the one with the broom in the duggout? You must be a utility player. Totally useful. I'm making things up. DD and I are out of clothes, so we're doing laundry. Does Mr. Hippy do his own laundry? WHAT IS AS DOING TODAY? Later, we're going to the library. Then I'm going to school to work on homework in the lab.

Unknown said...

Mr. Hippy does any laundry that's dirty! Although, now that I'm home more, I'm being more domestic, so he's a bit more free.
AS is with GF watching SW (Star Wars.)
Talk to you later. Have fun at the library... I need to go too. Have you noticed I've started a summer book column? Why are we writing here? we should use email : )

cu,
ch

crallspace said...

I never cross fences out here. Dangerous practice, with all the right-wing gun nuts who dwell behind those cages/fences.

Sings that say KEEP OUT and NO TRESSPASSING are so unwelcoming.

Unknown said...

Didn't see the private property signs until we were on the other side ; )