Sunday, April 02, 2006

School, Presidential Campaigns and Breakfast...

Here it is, the last day before school begins again. It went so quickly... Though our break was pleasant, I'm looking forward to going back to school and seeing the kids. With only a little more than two more months of school left, there's a lot of teaching to do!


On a side note,
It's a great day to be a supporter of the Michael Smith for president campaign. Today's Gazette Times featured an article by Bennett Hall about Michael’s attempt to shake up the Republican far right. Thank you Mr. Hall! Did you read my previous blog??
Hey... does that dog look familiar?


I went to breakfast this morning with some friends to Sam’s Station (no link) in Corvallis. I usually love going there for their omelets, but this morning I think we had a new employee helping us. Several things weren't right... but instead of complaining here, I'll hope that she is a quick learner and our experience will be better next time. But, if this is the new service... I'll move on to The Woodsman (no link again...) in Philomath. The Woodsman, though out of the way, is well worth the trip... good coffee, good cocktails (they make a lovely Bloody Mary) and mouth watering steak sandwiches.

So, with a bit on school, presidential campaigns and breakfast... I can tell I'm not quite ready to think sequentially just yet.

Happy day to all,
~ch

6 comments:

Vita said...

Ah, you are back, and I'm so glad. I'm sorry your service at Sam's wasn't so hot, but was the food great? I like the Woodsman, too, and I think they have a great wait staff. You make me want a bloody Mary. Speaking of Bloody Mary, her highness darling daughter tells me Reba MacIntyre is going to be the romantic female lead in a remake of South Pacific, and it's going to be on PBS.

I was also excited to see this Sunday's paper, as I couldn't wait to see the article featuring Mr. Smith. I loved the article. I have to say,however, that I was visited by feelings of reservation when I saw the picture of the garage.

Unknown said...

No, the food wasn't as great as I expected. The omelet was very small and came without the requested mushrooms. We waited a VERY long time to get our coffee. And when our bill was brought to the table she brought us two cookies. Cookies are nice, but there were three of us at the table... what are we supposed to do, arm wrestle for the cookie? sheesh.
Like I said, I hope she was new...
You're up late : )

crallspace said...

I am hoping to meet Mr. Smith sometime.

I am also wanting to check out the Woodsmen. I always want to stop when passing. Ever been to the Meet N Place? That bar reminds me of a lot of places in Indiana, near Hammond.

Unknown said...

There will plenty of opportunities to meet Mr. Smith soon : )

Never been to the Meet n Place. Is it in Philomath as well?

Vita said...

Speaking of Mr. Smith, did you know he's done radio interviews?

Unknown said...

AND there's more planned!