Thursday, April 06, 2006

Great night.

Tonight is one of our friend’s birthdays. We (all of the families) went out for dinner at Big River. I love this restaurant, but it's a bit out of the budget to make it too much of a habit : )

I ordered the Salmon salad and had two martinis. I have no idea what the kids had... they were on the other side of the table and engrossed in their own conversation, but they had desert! I had olives!

I guess I'm writing this blog because our family lives in Corvallis and it's so great for families. Yes, the sidewalk rolls up at 10:00 and no, you can't really go shopping for school clothes here and yes, (fortunately...) we still get to drive to Albany to shop at Home Depot for the larger home improvement necessities. I love living here.

There are plans to bring in a Home Depot in the near future. I understand that there are those who are thrilled at having more jobs in Corvallis and at the thought of not driving to Albany... but honestly, I adore the fact that our town is so "backwards." I digress...

Tonight is a great night and it's only 9:30... I have at least another hour and a half before I get sleepy.

Happy night to all,
~ch

3 comments:

Vita said...

Good night to you, too. The high school orchestra played at the library tonight, and it was really great. They sounded better than ever, and the balance was so much better than when they played at the high school. Afterwards, Mr. Creighton treated the whole orchestra to gelatto at Gellato Roberto's. Did I spell that right?

Unknown said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm sorry I missed it... too bad I couldn't make both.
Gellato for all? wow. He must have been pleased.

call you later,
~ch

Corvallist said...

Howdy. :) This is not intended to actually be a comment, but I didn't see a place to send an email. (Since you moderate, feel free to reject with abandon!)

I've moved The Corvallist blog to www.corvallist.com/blog.html and wanted to let you know, since you were kind enough to link to me. I will be fixing it up properly and adding a blog roll and will certainly reciprocate.

Thanks for reading and linking!