Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Theme with variations

I have recently read that to have a blog that's worth reading, you should have a consistent theme. Oh man, I have no theme... truthfully, my blog is more of a personal journal. I had never kept a journal as a child, for fear that someone would read it. Here I am 30 years later writing my blog, hoping someone will read it... and comment if they are so inclined. Maybe a theme will develop.

I better start writing...

I'm only home briefly, so I blog... Today and yesterday have been absolutely beautiful in Corvallis. I've always considered myself a cheerful person (even in winter), but boy when the sun comes out, I get a rush.

My favorite things to do when the sun is out...

1. Open the sun roof and play happy tunes. Happy tunes can be anything from retro 80s, punk, classical, Latin or swing. I'm not limiting myself to only those genres... I just happen to like them more in the sun.

2. Sit in the front yard. I've been told "you're sort of a front yard person aren't you?" Yes I am, thank you. The front yard has its advantages. You can see your neighbors, visit, shoot hoops and have a beer on the curb. Now, I know what you're thinking... wow, she's a classy beer drinking curb sitter...yep. I'm also a beer snob. I'll write about that another time.

3. Bike ride! I bike for fun, not so much for exercise. In fact, the perfect ride would be all downhill with many water puddles to splash through.

Since today is a work day (and night) I can only do item #1. My spiffy husband recently gave me an ipod as a gift. I had no idea just how cool my new toy would be. My ipod makes item #1 easier. (Thank you husband.)

O.K. I'm off... and without a theme.

~ch

No comments: