Saturday, April 22, 2006

Earth Day in Corvallis

What a terrific day to be outside!
We spent the morning downtown Corvallis, either at the farmers market, or wandering around to hear the musicians.
These guys are a very good high school band... loads of fun to listen to and watch! They built a rolling stage just for this Earth Day gig, so they could get the drum set to the different venues quickly.

Here they are playing at American Dream Pizza...mmmm, good pizza!

The Procession of the Species went through downtown...

Where I saw many hats that I would like to own... This lady has a flamingo on her head...

This poor guy had an octopus suck onto his head, but he carried it well.

A fun day was had by all... and the evenings just beginning.

~ch

4 comments:

Vita said...

I think that's squid guy, octopus guy's head was yellow. Great pictures. Wish I'd heard that great band. My timing stinks.

Unknown said...

Are you sure? I saw the yellow octopus too, but this also looks octopussy... i think.

Vita said...

No, I'm not sure. I never saw pink guy, except in your lovely photo. So, since you saw him in person, I will say you are probably right. From the photo, he looks like a squid, like the giant one who attacked the Nautilus, but that may be a trick of the camera. I like your photos. That looks like an Intersceptor in the background.

Unknown said...

testing