Friday, April 14, 2006

Window Tint and Hash Browns

I got my car windows tinted today. I have been very excited about this (which means, it doesn't take much to excite me) and counting the days until this morning.

I thought it would be more expensive than it actually was, so I've been waiting a while. My worry is that I'll forget and roll down a window before a week is up. I pushed the "child window lock" button, but that doesn't do anything for the front windows. So, I now have masking tape on the buttons with "NO!" written on it to remind me... I just hope I look before I push.

I did another first today... My friend and I went to breakfast at Darylls on 9th street. I think that's my new favorite place. If we went back in time a few years (when smoking was allowed in public establishments) I'm certain there would have been a haze thick enough to cut through.
The place was busy and we were sat in the lounge by the pool table. I am so going back.

We also went and saw a friend of ours whom we haven't seen in quite some time. It was a very nice visit, but also sad. Our friend is getting older and having health issues and is pondering moving to an elder care facility. He really doesn't want to go, but his wife does most of the work around the house and is looking for a break. I'm not certain how that will turn out... but, I think she'll win.
Saturday market starts back up this Saturday. I hope it doesn't rain too terribly much. We like to go and bring the dog to visit other dogs and play in the fountain.
Looking forward to the long weekend,
~ch

4 comments:

Vita said...

Oh, me, too, hope it doesn't rain too much, I mean. I hope I get a chance to go to the market. There's a quartet practice/lesson tomorrow for Darling Daughter's quartet, and I will drive her there and back. Maybe I can get her to stop with me at the market on the way home. I love the Corvallis Saturday Market. The fish market that's down there is supposed to be good, too.

Unknown said...

So many things to do tomorrow. The market is a must. Must get girl to her saturday thing. Must get boy to his saturday thing (which is in Portland this week!)must, must, must...

Corvallist said...

Heh! Darrell's was the one place in town where a certain 19-year-old new Corvallist used to be able drink freely without worry about being carded. Great atmosphere, great breakfasts.

I used to love the Peacock Tavern for breakfast even more, back when Tommy was still around. Best runny eggs in town. Haven't been able to go back since, though.

Unknown said...

Darrell's! I knew I wasn't spelling it correctly...thanks!
I would go to the Peacock for lunch when I worked downtown...(and when Tommy was there...)

Anyway, the drinking age should be 18. Although, I'll probably get some heat over that, I stand by it.

Have a great day,
~ch