Saturday, April 08, 2006

Good Gig Last Night


We had a fine gig last night at the Old World Deli. We are starting to get a crowd of regulars and that's cool.

The Hilltop Big Band has been playing there well over a year now...(first Friday of the month) so, I'm thinking it's almost time that we should have our picture painted on the ceiling!

The deli is quite cozy... nice atmosphere with surprising eye catching elements each visit. So as I was sitting there counting rests, I looked around. I looked up and saw the belly dancers, and others who frequent the deli... I wonder if the artist is still in town? That would be fun... maybe it's a dream out of reach : )

This morning we are playing a pancake breakfast down at the middle school from 9 - 11. This one's always difficult. I speak for myself, but as a musician... I don't care for early morning gigs. It seems to go against the musician law.
I like the late nighters, sleep in-ers.

gotta run,
~ch

8 comments:

Vita said...

Nice picture of the Old World Deli, and a great place to hang out. I love your postings. You are so interesting! I'm past my sell by date. Night.

Unknown said...

I did what you taught me! I hope you had a wonderful day... we did this and that.
~ch

I'm going for chocolate milk.

crallspace said...

I almost went to that Pancake Breakfast...the one at Linus PAuling...

I play accordion. I have 2 kinds. LEt's jam!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Crall,
Were you going to play, or eat?

Two kinds of what? accordians?
Like a concertina and a standard size... ?

crallspace said...

I was going to eat.

I have a Crucianelli 120-bass and a small toy-like accordion. You may have seen me around town. I have played the toy at festivals, farmer's markets... the 120 bass has been played at the post office, in a morose fashion.

If you wanna jam with Accordion Death, hit me up.

crallspace said...

I was going to eat.

I have a Crucianelli 120-bass and a small toy-like accordion. You may have seen me around town. I have played the toy at festivals, farmer's markets... the 120 bass has been played at the post office, in a morose fashion.

If you wanna jam with Accordion Death, hit me up.

Please, get rid of comment moderation and word verification. Pretty please. Spam bots aren't so bad anymore. I get maybe one every 2 weeks. Big deal!

Unknown said...

I moderate so I know when I have a new comment...

I will disable for you crall and see how it goes!

As for jamming, sounds like fun. But it has to be a summer time thing. I'm fairly busy during the school year : )
~ch