Thursday, April 20, 2006

Corvallis Crime Reports... My Favorite Part of the Paper.


This mornings G-T had some interesting crime reports, I thought I'd share...

DIRTY DANCING: 11:32 p.m. 4000 block Northwest Highway 20, Albany. A 67-year-old Philomath man was observed naked in his vehicle at Hyak Park. The man reportedly parked his vehicle, took off all his clothes, and turned up the music. When confronted, the man told the officer he was “dancing” and that he often stops by the park and does this on his way home from work.
YOU CAN’T CATCH ME: 4:29 p.m. 200 block of Northwest Second Street. Vandalism of a business was reported, after graffiti was discovered the night before. Someone painted a penis, the name “Duone” and the statement “You can’t catch me.”
There was another report of a 67 year old man who didn't want to wear his clothes either, but mental illness is suspected...
This section of the paper had undergone a new reporter a couple of years ago (I think...) It's been my favorite part ever since.
Happy day to all,
~ch

1 comment:

Vita said...

Cool graphic. You are so observant. Maybe the crime changed a couple years ago, too? Oh! Dang. There goes the recycle truck, and I never had an idea to put out my red bins.....wait.....I did have an idea, and took my red bin out and put it on the other side of the road, and then watered some flowers and freshened the water in the bird bath. The recycle truck driver not only emptied my bin, but put it back on my side of the road! Wasn't that nice? I was busy with my watering and didn't notice this kind act until the truck was gone. Doozy crime reports and nice recycle truck drivers, this town has everything! I've got to load up the car and take off now.