Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What, I'm Looking Forward to School? Oh Yeah!


So far this summer...

I've made stronger friendships.
Learned how to Geocache.
Thing 1 has his first girlfriend (who is wonderful.)
Brother-in-law has announced he will be married (she is also wonderful.)
Thing 2 took 4th place at a horse trial in Washington state.
Our family went to Europe (Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia, Hungary and the Czech Republic.)
I've gotten to play in concerts with Mr. Hippy.
I've played lots of music with friends.
Spent a weekend in Pacific Grove visiting my parents.
Spent several days in Deschutes County.

As I look at this list, I am I am OK with school beginning.

I watched POV last night and was inspired by teacher Rafe Esquith. I have ideas for the new year and I hope I am a better teacher this year than last.

That's all,
~ch

2 comments:

Vita said...

I followed your link to POV, and that was nice, but what are you going to do? Aren't your students already well behaved? You are so amazing!

Unknown said...

Yes, my students ARE wonderful. They come to me wonderful. I don't want any wasted time in the class room. I'm hoping to have more small group activites, in-class recitals for the class. Over all, I want to have more productive class time. I also want to be more creative with my lessons so that all students understand what is expected.
Although, my class-time usage is pretty good right now, I'm still looking to improve.