Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Sounds of Silence

There are people who enjoy their time alone. Some just want quiet. I am neither one of those. Tonight, I am on my own (with the exception of my big scary dog!!) I had all sorts of ideas of what I could do... You know, all those fun things you can think of doing, but then you can't because you have obligations at home. So, here I sit... In front of my computer googling old friends and teachers (and even a few mystery family members) when I should be out on the town whoopin' it up. This is a waste of good "whoopin" time.
I just got off the phone with out-of-town DH. He has taken thing 1 with him on his trip. I'm happy that the two of them are getting to spend this time together... But I'm missing some serious percussion around here! Thing 1 is an excellent musician and practices hours a day. I've had people tell me that they would never let their child play the drums because of all the noise...NOISE? When its good, it's not noise. Thing 1 may be under house arrest, but that is one thing I wouldn't deny him.
I just finished listening to Poulenc's Double Piano Concerto...Very cool. O.K. That's something I probably wouldn't get away with doing in the evening if both things were home. Hey, I guess I whooped. In an extremely nerdy way, but there was whoopin' none the less.
~ch

3 comments:

Vita said...

Aww, that is so sweet that you miss Thing 1's drumming. I'm glad you thought of some whooping to do even if it was nerdy. What is the big scarey dog doing with the milk carton?

Unknown said...

He's making a latte.

Vita said...

Um, I meant scary, not scarey. Oops.