Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Look Out...


Thing 1 is behind the wheel! Thing 1 and his carnivorous mother went to the DMV for the third time in as many weeks...ugh.

With thing 1s extra time around the house the last couple of weeks, he has had some time to study and take the on-line practice tests... what d'ya know... studying works.
He is now the proud owner of a "permit to drive" with his parents. It's no understatement to say that he was thrilled with himself and wanted to drive home.
We went the long way. The way with the least traffic. The way that if he went off the road, we would be in a grass field way. The good way.

He drove masterfully. I let him drive my friend and I out caching and to pick up thing 2 from the barn and I am alive to tell the tale.

Oh yea, he also got away with making the coolest face on his permit. When I tried to do that for my license, they made me do a "do over." I'm happy he got to make his face and keep it.

As for caching yesterday... oh yes, I got the green jeep : )

See you on the road,
~ch

1 comment:

Vita said...

I was out riding with DD driving with her permit, and was hoping we would come across you on the streets, as we sometimes do, with thing 1 driving, but we didn't.