Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Deer Husband

So this is how it went... I woke up this morning and wandered over to the computer (as I do every morning, to read the paper) and I hear this screaming. It sounds like it's coming from a child running through the woods. I look out of the window and there's a deer standing out back, on the other side of the fence. She doesn't want to leave and she's obviously upset. I walk downstairs to see my husband (wonderfully heroic husband (and handsome too)) heading to the back yard. Now we see what's happening... A baby deer was caught in-between our fence post and the neighbors fence. DH goes over to the baby and soothes it until it stops screaming and lifts it up (with his huge man arms) and give it back to the mama deer. A happy ending.

~ch

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is completely sweet.

Vita said...

Hi, Dear M. Hippy. I was afraid to read your post for fear it might be sad, so I read the comment first, which made me brave and confident. Then I read the lovely story. Yaaaay. Beautiful. Now I am happy for hours.

Michael Smith said...

Vita,

Maybe your wondered if the Carnivorous Hippy had a taste for venison? mmmmm. Yummy.

Unknown said...

I've changed the title to be less scary and more clever : )
Thank you Vita!

Vita said...

laughing falling out of chair

Anonymous said...

Awwww, yes, that is adorable. Poor baby deer, I'm glad it's back with its mom. I didn't know deer could scream!

Unknown said...

Who'd a thunk it? wierd.

Thanks for visiting Erika!