Monday, August 28, 2006

I Do Not Like to Cook.


It's 4:30 and that means people in my family are going to want to eat dinner (again...) and I do not like to cook.

I wish one of my kids had the desire and ability to take on this chore. I would clean up, that's no problem... in fact, I kind of enjoy that part.

I don't enjoy cooking and then doing the cleaning up afterward. This dislike of spending too much time in my kitchen could put me on the bad mother list, but I'm willing to take that chance.

I like being in my kitchen... It's a lovely kitchen and that's why I don't mind cleaning it, because it looks nice when it's done. I'm this way about my car, only worse.

Side note: My car is mine and no one should make it unnecessarily dirty. If this does however occur, whomever dirtified said vehicle should be prepared to suffer my wrath. I also understand this could be considered a mental disorder, because my children are kind enough to fill me in on this fact.

Back to my rant...
I REALLY don't like cooking dinner.
~ch

3 comments:

Corvallist said...

I love to cook, though, when I have time. But I'm a very slow cook. I spend too much time doing prep work and am sort of panicky when it comes time to actually assemble the food. Nobody is allowed in the kitchen when I am cooking, or I wield a spatula menacingly and growl.

I refuse to cook when it's hot, though. We lean heavily on sandwiches, salads, soups and even *gasp* frozen dinners for much of the summer. If that puts me on the bad mom list, too darn bad. ;)

Unknown said...

My very very favorite is when someone wants to cook in my kitchen. That way, I can make martini's (or open beers, or whatever...), sit on a counter top and chat with whomever has taken on the job as head chef : )
I do like to make drinks. Drinks of any kind... I'm darned good at frothing 1/2&1/2 and can make a beautiful latte. I can also make fantastic smoothies. I like tending bar, because I get to talk to loads of people. If it's liquid, I like it. Maybe that comes from growing up in the hot desert...

Vita said...

Mmmm, interesting. Verrry in ter es ting. I hear about people baking in summer, but I think it's very strange. I like the picture of you sitting on the counter passing out refreshments while Mr. Hippy or someone cooks up. Barbecue, even. Of course, then Mr. Hippy is outside and who is in the kitchen for you to sit on the counter and entertain?