Sunday, August 12, 2007

My Patronus and Other Stuff...




Your Patronus would be an Otter!
Take this quiz!



So, my patronus would be an otter? That's cool, I like otters.

The summer has flown by and I've not accomplished a whole heck of a lot. Though, in the past two days I've managed to scrub the outside banisters, clean bathrooms and get some laundry done. I suspect it's because school is around the corner. I actually woke up worrying about school this morning. Speaking of school... I need to head to one of the outlet malls and pick up some new school clothes.

This summer, though seemingly dull, has had its moments... I'll share....
Thing 1s band Hooray! Hooray! won the DaVinci Days Battle of the Bands and they put on a great show at the final performance. Boggywoggy got on my case because I didn't post one of the videos, so here it is...








If you want to see more of Hooray! Hooray! you can find them on youtube! Search for Hooray! Hooray! Corvallis, or Hooray! Hooray! of Montreal (this one will give you another video.)


Thing 2 has been preparing for a horse show this weekend in Lake Oswego. She rides dressage and is fairly fabulous at it! I don't have a youtube of her yet, but maybe I can figure out how to work the camera so I can! She has been reading like crazy this summer too.



My husband is still on the campaign trail, though he wasn't invited to Iowa, dang! He has built some lovely steps in out back yard. He ripped out the wood (it was slippery in the winter and it turned out it was gross and rotted too) and replaced the steps with big herkin' stones.













As for me... I have been loving my time at home this summer. I've taken up golf and have joined the Marysville Ladies Club. I've never understood the attraction to the game before. I thought it must be the worlds most boring game, but au contrair mon ami... it's addictive and stinking fun : ) I've even won a little bit of money that paid for my new cool golf shoes.
I have been geocaching only a few times with Boggywoggy and not too much on my own.

My arm is starting to hurt, so I think I'll quit for now.

Later,
~ch

5 comments:

Vita said...

Why does your arm hurt? Was that just a segway into getting to the end of your entry? Your new hrkin' big stone steps are cool, and will be good for those backyard weddings. Tee Hee! Love your shoes. Gaughrr! Toodles.

Unknown said...

My arm hurts from the scrubbing and typing (repetitive motions) and it feels like I've been carrying around a baby. Do you remember that pain? I rubbed Ben-Gay on my forearm last night.

BoggyWoggy said...

I've heard that Ben Gay is available for those type of "alternative" services. I've heard about that new "forearm" sex thing.

I am so happy you blogged! I've missed reading! Your children are WONDERFUL and they are so lucky to have such a loving mom.

I LOVE the new steps! I like the way PH got all of the stones lined up so neatly! Looks safe and beautiful!

Woo-hoo!

Vita said...

Oy, Spottless Hippy! Did you use any brushes in your scrubb-a-dub-dubbing? I find that brushes help me, and I am so filled with admiration, because I would never scrub until my arms ached, being a total wuss! No wonder you are so wonderful and your children are so wonderful. Speaking of wonderful, since you are so brilliant at the golf thing, it would have to be fun! Fun fun fun! Did you see Tiger read that green the other day? My Dad could do that. He was wonderul at golf, too.

Vita said...

It's me again. I took that quiz and my patronus is an otter, too.