Saturday, August 25, 2007

Here I Go.

Today's the "Diet Kick-Off " day. I weighed myself this morning when I woke up... yuck. Then I went downstairs to the computer to find a "Stone to Pounds Converter" and converted.

I'm not quite ready to share the actual weight, but I will share my ups and downs. I know it's probably more motivating if I put the numbers down for all to see, but I'll try this first. I find it rather motivating not wanting to put myself in that position, so we'll see.

Today = 0
Goal = -52

I will weigh myself every Saturday morning with the goal of losing 1 pound per week for 52 weeks (1 year.) My children say that I should try to go for more than 1 pound, but I want to set attainable goals and I think I'd be happy losing 52 pounds : )
~ch

7 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Go, Carnivorous Hippy! Eat a lot of protein and fewer carbs! Graze on carrots and give up beer.

Unknown said...

BoggyWoggy, that depresses me. No beer? Well, I can have red wine and martinis yes? Besides, I'm only trying for 1 pound a week. I'm trying not to be too fanatical (said like Flaming Lips.)

Vita said...

Oh, Groan! The radio is playing Intermission Riff. Grrrr. It's bad enough we have to play that without having to listen to it, but KMHD is my favorite Oregon radio station.

I have a question. If you loose 4 lbs this week, and 3 next week, and none the third week, do you still have to put in $5 the third week? Also, is there a penalty for losing more than 1 lb?

Also, do you put your clothes back on before you run downstairs to convert what your scale says? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Unknown said...

Vita,
I'm so sorry you had to listen to Intermission Riff. I had no idea it displeased you so...
So, as I understand it, I need to lose at least 1 lb per week. If I lose 4 this week and three the next and none the next week... yes, I pay $5! So, slow and steady wins the race.
I found a $5 coupon to Bed Bath and Beyond. I might put that toward a poundage scale : )
Yes, I do put clothes on, but I don't like it.

Vita said...

So, I was down to zero, meaning the lowest point I've been to on the scale in 4 weeks or so, and yesterday I went to a party, drank beer and wine, and today I am down a pound. So, a little beer is OK. In fact, it was only half a bottle of organic India pale ale. Warm. Yummy.

Some of the musicians there were playing up a storm, and finally the fabulous harmonica guy got out his baggie of harmonicas and played. Wowzer! I love to hear him play. He plays with Ramblin' Rex at the Saturday Market.

Unknown said...

I was at this party when this guy took out this baggy.... hmmmm???

Vita said...

Yeah, he took out a baggie, but his drug was harmonicas. Transporting!