Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Summer and Golf

This is the first installment to answering Boggywoggy's list of things I'm into.

This summer, I decided to take a Corvallis Parks and Recreation course in golf. I was very excited, because I thought, if I liked it, it would be a good way for me to get in exercise. I don't like to exercise to exercise. I like to have competition and a goal.


I've strayed...

Back to the P&R class. We met for 5 days for almost an hour. We practised hitting with different clubs etc. But on the last day, I was sad because we never got to play a game. I asked our teacher if we could play and he said "no." He also explained that Trysting Tree is really set up for men and that I would find it too stressful. All this did was piss me off. So, I called Marysville Golf Club and talked with one of the owners who invited me to join the Marysville Ladies Club. The idea scared the crud out of me, but I did it anyway. I'm so glad I did it. The ladies are wonderful, I'm getting better with my game, plus I'm getting a wee bit of exercise!
I'm planning on playing at Trysting Tree sometime before school begins. I think I can handle the stress...sheeesh.

I'm a bit sad that the season is coming to an end. I hope to be able to keep working on getting better for next summer.

Just one more thing to add to my list of nerdy things I like.

~ch

3 comments:

Vita said...

I can't believe that! He actually said TT would be too stressful? I am blown away. Just BaLone! That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. I guess that means they have no ladies tees. Do golf courses still have ladies tees? Did he say that in front of witnesses?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your new look is BEE YOU TEE FULL.

-'Snot

BoggyWoggy said...

I LIKE YOUR CELLOS!
FORE!