Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thing 2

(this isn't Thing 2, but this is what she looks like on a horse)

Today my daughter (AKA Thing 2) is riding in a dressage competition at the Lake Oswego Hunt Club. Today's competition is only a practise for tomorrows recognized event. She requested that her dad and I not come up for both days, but just come to the Sunday show.


So far today, she's called me twice. The first time was right after the first ride where she said "I started out good and only got better!" She was very excited.

The second call was after her second ride and after all of the riders scores were posted. She said she place 2nd (!!) on the first ride and though she didn't feel that she did as well on the second, she placed 2nd again (!!!) She has one more ride to compete in today. I love it when she's happy.


I'm looking forward to going up there tomorrow and watching in person!

~ch

3 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Go, esmif! She must be so beautiful while sitting on a horse! I've never asked, but did you have to buy all of her outfits or does she just rent something like that? My old elementary school friend, Melissa Mann, owned a Tennessee Walking Horse stable (her parents did) and I used to get to go and hang out with her on a few weekends. My dream...

Unknown said...

We buy all of her clothes, but the girl is a good shopper. She cuts coupons and is always looking for a deal... good kid : )

Vita said...

YaHoo for Thing Two. First thing I said to self when I saw picture, "That is not Thing 2," then you confirmed right away the notness of it.

More YaHoo's when you get to go see her tomorrow. What a girl!!