Thursday, August 23, 2007

Chewin' the Fat...


I have talked with my friend, who also happens to be a dietitian, about losing weight. I've been thinking about this for quite a while, but with my bum knee, it makes it difficult to get in the exercise that I want to get in. So... my friend's got me figured out.

She says that I should aim to lose 1 pound per week. I didn't think that sounded like a lot, but when put into the context of a year, that's 52 pounds!

This is how it's going to work. I weigh myself (naked) on Saturday mornings and I check in with my friend (who will also be doing the diet.) If I (or she) has lost at least 1 pound, great! However, if I (or she) has gained, or hasn't lost, $5 goes into the kitty. At the end of the year, the biggest loser gets the kitty, or we'll both take it and go have fun : )

That's the plan man. I'm debating on posting my weight on the blog, but my courage only goes so far. We'll see.

I'd like to have a scale that measures me in pounds. As it is, I can only tell how many stones I weigh.
A motivated,
~ch

8 comments:

Vita said...

You said "naked".

BoggyWoggy said...

I want to be in on this!!! Can I play, too!
Vita said, "naked."

Unknown said...

Naked naked naked...yee-ha!!!

Vita said...

Hey! I ate pizza and beer at a party last night and still lost a pound, which puts me two pounds down, which puts me back where I was last week. I get naked naked naked every morning and chat with my scale.

BoggyWoggy said...

The picture of the scale looks a lot like my speedometer when I drive on I-5.

Vita said...

Yikes!

Vita said...

Oh, heck! Now I'm back up by 4. Dang dang dang. I think it's stress pounds, because DD hasn't bounced back from getting her teeth out yet. She hasn't let me take her picture, because she doesn't belive you.

Vita said...

Have you jumped on the scale and converted the results yet? It's Saturday!