Monday, July 23, 2007

da Vinci Days Weekend 2007

Howdy everyone,

I know I'm not following my list yet... but will get to that soon. For now I'd like to share a little about the Art Music and Technology weekend held here in Corvallis, Oregon; da Vinci Days. I (with my very good friend) volunteered in the GeoCaching booth and helped people understand what the "sport" is about. If you're unclear, see my post "Thar Be Buried Treasure in Them Hills! Arrrgh!"

However, my absolute favorite part of the festival was watching the Battle of the Bands! The winner of this years battle was Hooray! Hooray! They competed against many of the same bands in the Linn Benton Teen Idol contest, but as they were judged by musicians at this event, their skills were recognized. Winning this contest meant they got to perform as the last group of the festival. The crowd was large and were appreciative of the music...loads of fun!

I felt bad for the poor guy in charge of sound though, as he was told the band should play no longer than 4:50, but 5 0'clock rolled around and Hooray! Hooray! was having too much fun to stop. The sound was turned off and the crowd cheered the band to play on... sound on, and the audience was singing along to Black Sabbath's "War Pigs." The concert ended and the audience and band felt exhilarated!

As soon as the youtube video's are out, I'll post them.

Hooray! Hooray! for wonderful weekends!
~ch

11 comments:

Vita said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! for Hooray! Hooray!

Vita said...

Thank you for the call about the concert last night.

BoggyWoggy said...

I'm working really hard to format my video of the boys' playing so that it can be posted on YouTube! Keep your eyes open!

Vita said...

Hope you knee is better. It's Wednesday. See you tonight?

Anonymous said...

You are stupid

Unknown said...

Yes, yes I am.

Vita said...

Hey there. If I take a flying carpet or other invisible magical transport to tonight's gig, will you bring me home? (Magical transport doesn't work after 10 p.m.) I found the play list. Did you?

BoggyWoggy said...

OK, CH. Enough with the "tard" stuff. It takes one to know one!

BoggyWoggy said...

Hey, CH...check out my blog. I've "tagged" you.

BoggyWoggy said...

You're a liar. Reread your post. You said you would upload the video of Hooray Hooray.
Liar...

Vita said...

I did the name thing. I didn't have enough people, either, so I tagged someone who reads mine but doesn't have her own. I think you should tag crallspace.