Monday, April 30, 2007

Last Nights Ballyhoo, Falderah, Shindig...


Yesterday the Corvallis Youth Symphony performed their final concert of the season with guest artist Gavin Bondy. Gavin is a trumpet player and is a member of Pink Martini and is the band leader of The Shanghai Woolies. It was a good concert, but it really shined when he played jazz... I wish there had been more! The kids, as usual did a fantastic job. They work so hard to put these concerts together... I wish I had the opportunity to play with a group like this when I was in High School.

Afterwards, we went to dinner at an overpriced eatery here in Corvallis... Service was slow and as I said, it was over priced for what we had gotten. I'll stick to eating lunch there, but I'm done with dinner for a while. I will name the restaurant if asked, but for now, I'll try and be discrete.

ch

9 comments:

Vita said...

We went to the Woodsman for dinner, and it wasn't overpriced, crowded, or slow, but it was delicious. They have Thai food there now in addition to their regular menu.

When you had slow service, didn't you have a lot of interesting people around to talk with?

Unknown said...

The people were great! Though we were seated at a long table, which makes it difficult for conversation. We should have gone to the Woodsman!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh... I wanna know! My mother's coming to town and we were going to try someplace new, so if you have a tidbit about a place to avoid, I'd be grateful.

If it's Iovino's or Intaba's/Wildfire, then I already am familiar with the overpricedness(?). ;)

Unknown said...

Hi ~C.,
Then you already know : )
Iovino's was too much for too little. But, like I said, lunch is a different story.

Anonymous said...

you are so right about the dinner. the amount we paid was beyond the call of duty and it wasn't even our duty. the dessert and wine, while overpriced, were fantasic. the conversations were not ALL sparkling but were sometimes quite revealing. I wish you and I and others of our ilk had been in the middle of a circle with the outliers outlying. let's stick to lunch.

Anonymous said...

I love being an anonymous commenter. All the glory and none of the guts....

BoggyWoggy said...

Hmmm...I thought the restaurant was either: Taco Bell, Taco Time, or Wendy's.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm... I sense sarcasm. Or perhaps, Boggywoggy, you are giving me shite.

Unknown said...

To Anonymous,
I really like how you write. I think you're a shoe in for your own blog... do you have one? You should. I would comment, but I wouldn't be anon. I would be all me, the carnivorous hippy. Yes, because that's what my mother named me.
Have a good trip!!