Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hey, Butt Face!


Yesterday I had a terrible case of allergies. I couldn't breath for most of the night and when I woke up, my eyes were stuck together....gross.

After the boys went to rugby and the girl went to her lesson, I went down to Rice's Pharmacy. I like Rice's, as it's one of the only normal pharmacies in town. We used to have a nice one down town, but that went away when Safeway bought out their pharmacy division.
I digress...

I'm standing in line at Rice's. I wait a loooong time, but it's worth it to me to know that I am supporting a local business and not some mass chain store. When it's my turn, I ask the pharmacist what she could suggest as a quick remedy to my breathing problem. She's very helpful and I head off to the aisle to pick up the recommended items. When I return to the counter to make my purchase, I'm asked by another (rather young) person working behind the counter "how are you feeling today?" The sarcastic person inside me says to say... "What? I feel freaking marvelous. That's why I've stood here for the last half hour sucking snot into my brain. Thanks for asking!" Instead, I say... "I'm stuffed and itchy, thanks." After a short amount of time, the same woman says..."You know, you can apply Preparation H to the bags under your eyes to reduce swelling." It is at this time I look up to see a very shocked looking pharmacy staff. I said, "Do I have bags under my eyes too?!" She said, "Oh no! I was just giving you information for future use!" Yea, right.

I went to my car and examined my face thoroughly. It's not every day one gets told to put hemorrhoid cream on their face. I am grateful she gave me something to write about...Woo-hoo for shopping locally!

~ch

6 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Well, well, well...I guess we should start up our own QVC infomercial so that we can share the "H" secret with the world.
By the way, you don't have bags under your eyes. I know. I looked...

aRiSU1980 said...

Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! She's wrong, anyway. That was an old Hollywood trick, but the ingredient has long since been replaced with something else. Doesn't stop the beauty pageant girls from trying, but they also put Vaseline on their teeth, so why be like them? ; )

BoggyWoggy said...

Oh, yeah...by the way, I like the title of this blog! Had you considered "Crack-head???"

Vita said...

Hee hee hee hee hee.

Vita said...

P.S. Did you see any bags under your eyes? I just read this funny story of yours to DD.