Sunday, April 15, 2007

Benton County Teen Idol


Well, it's here... another spring and another round of the Benton County Teen Idol. Thing 1 and his band Hooray! Hooray! are playing this year. Two years ago, the amazing Normans played and I was baffled how the judges came up with their winners, but ... 'tis water under the bridge ; )

I wasn't able to make it to the performance at the Venetian Theater in Albany (because I had a different gig and I didn't get out in time) but, from what my husband tells me... the bands are pretty good and it won't be a cakewalk.
I'm looking forward to this Friday at OSU's Milam Hall. At least, I think that's when he's playing next. Being the parent of a teen, I now understand that I won't really know anything until the last possible minute and even then, I need to feel grateful that I was let into the loop at all.
Other bands that are playing are...
The Nobles (Nice kids from CHS)
This Just In (I think from Albany)
Idacrast (I don't know this one, but hear they're pretty good)
The Obvious (Don't know...)
Secluded Corner (More nice kids from CHS)
Go and check out our local talent if you get a chance... Some of it's fairly good. Some of it's fairly awful. Some of the judging is fairly awful too, but they are volunteers and I appreciate their efforts. I do wish they would get judges who know music and can really give a good critique. But, I think my readers know I'm probably too picky in that department...
I'll finish this post with a congratulations to all contestants, as it takes a great deal of strength to stand up in front of their peers and strut their stuff for all to see... and be judged! Good luck to all of them!!
~ch
PS. Hooray! Hooray!

5 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

I agree with you. It would be nice for the organizers to plan on getting some judges who are, in any way, involved with the music scene.

How cool that you've highlighted the bands involved. "Secluded Corner" includes some kids from my Kindergarten class 10 years ago. However, I'm going to play favorites and root for HOORAY! HOORAY!

Unknown said...

Hooray! Hooray!
Wanna go on Friday??? It could be fun!
I'm looking forward to BFD weekend!! : )

Vita said...

I noted the schedule down on the back of an envelope the other day. That will be lost soon, but while I still have it, here's what I know about that. This weekend appears to be the "Pop" theme. I will be out of town. You have a conflict for the May 4 episode.

You are quite the linker. I'm in awe.

BoggyWoggy said...

Ahhh, yes, the BFD. I'm also thinking about Justin Timberlake. I checked out Ticketmaster and the total for a ticket is about $100. I like him a lot, but not that much! $100 buys a lot of CDs.

Vita said...

Hurrah! Hurrah!