Friday, September 01, 2006

So Sleepy today...

Couldn't get to sleep last night. It was warmer than usual and my poison oak is still a concern.
Around 5AM, sirens started blaring. I don't know how to tell the difference between a police siren and a fire truck, but I think there were about six of them, whatever they were.

I checked in the paper this morning to see if there had been a fire, but there was no mention.

I had lived in another country for a while and we had gotten quite used to hearing sirens and house alarms through the night. When we came back to Corvallis we noted that one of the most pleasant things about coming home was the feeling of calmness. So last night threw me a bit.

So today, I have that feeling of being out all night, without having had the fun of being out all night... dang.

~ch

2 comments:

Vita said...

HH says that all the sirens on all the different emergency vehicles can sound the same, depending on who set them up and what they put in them, but if you hear the big fog horn honks at intersections, that's either a fire truck or an ambulance, as police cars don't have the air system to run those.

Unknown said...

Interesting, thanks!
I made it all day yesterday without falling asleep... I tried though. About 5pm we stopped by a friends house and I started nodding off on the couch. When we got home, I said I was going to take a little nap...ha! Here it is 7:30...good morning : )