Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My Fitness Pal & Other Apps

Yesterday was the first day I've felt motivated in a while. I went to the physical therapist a few days ago and she worked wonders on my achilles tendon. It's been difficult to do just about anything without pain. Yay for physical therapy!

I've been to the gym a few times this summer, but yesterday, I was able to stay for a little over an hour. Nothing heavy duty, but I was moving with minimal pain and my knees were troopers.

I'm also a gadget junkie. To combine fitness with gadgets truly motivates me. I'm not proud.

Health apps I regularly use are  Fitbit, MyFitnessPal and Runkeeper. I also use P Tracker - a frickin' wonder app.

I had the Jawbone UP bracelet. I loved the looks of it and I lost weight while I used it, though it was very unreliable. I had to send it back twice before I gave up and bought the Fitbit.

I don't care for the looks of the Fitbit as much and I've gained weight while using it. I can't blame the bracelet - just noting the correlation. I do like that I have many friends who also own a Fitbit and I'm invited to challenges and I'm told when I've walked the equivalent of walking to the moon.

MyFitnessPal is a fun little app that helps you log your exercise, as well as food. You can also link it to your Fitbit and it will calculate your exercise and adjust your allotted calorie intake for the day.

Runkeeper is super fun. You can log many different activities (you can also do this in MyFitnessPal), and see the route you took. If you make your activity "live" to an audience on Facebook (or probably other sites too), people can cheer you on. I've been on several runs where I'm listening to music and I hear cheers, or some sexy man say something like "Oh yeah!" - It makes me laugh and that motivates me too.

I mentioned P Tracker - Many of my friends whom I've told about this think it's a bit silly, but for me, it's perfect. Yes, I'm aware women have been able to track their own cycle for eons. Not me. Here's a gadget that does it for me! I can plan ahead. Seriously, this app hasn't steered me wrong. It's free.

I've added a weight loss tracker to the bottom of my page. The colors don't fit into the scheme, but again, whatever it takes. I'm competitive. I've put it out there. I'm up for the challenge.

Yours,
~ch

Currently reading: In the Unlikely Event - Judy Blume and Loretta Lynn's A Coal Miners Daugheter 
Just completed: Saint Mazie: A Novel - Jamie Attenberg and Seriously...I'm Kidding -Ellen Degeneres
Candy Crush level: 1079

1 comment:

Vita said...

You speak a foreign language.