Sunday, March 19, 2006

Where did the day go?

It was a beautiful day here in Corvallis. People were out working in their yards, families were bicycling together and general beautifulness (I might just be making this word up...) was abound.

I played catch with my son this evening and my hands are still stinging. My daughter had a lesson earlier and while she is learning, I sit in the car listening to podcasts and solve sudko puzzles... this may be one of my favorite alone time things to do : )

My husband and I ran a few errands and now the sun has gone... I could do with a little more daylight. On the upside, we get a little bit more everyday and Spring is just around the corner!

Oh, I also discovered that deer eat tulips. I walked around our yard this morning to find the tulips had been eaten and the bulbs were dug out of the ground (though, those were left intact.) Apparently, deer do not care for the taste of daffodils... or, maybe they'll be back tonight for a treat.

Not much to write about today, so that's kind of nice... a dull happy day.

ch

3 comments:

Vita said...

Dear Hippy,

It is possible squirrels ate your tulips. See what Mrs. Staggs has to say: http://ahappymiscellany.typepad.com/mrs_staggs_garden_/2006/03/squirrels_have_.html I have been told that deer will not eat daffodils, by people who are in a position to know. I'm very sorry the deer ate your tulips. They weren't even blooming yet, were they? Slugs are eating everything at my house. I will have to buy some Sluggo, which is not supposed to harm other animals, or so I've heard.

Love,
Vita

Unknown said...

I'm fairly certain that deer ate the tulips, as there were big chopper bites. Perhaps it was the rarely seen squirell species, the North West Bicuspidus Maximus?

Vita said...

Not Bicuspidus Maximus, I think. Just deer, like you say. Why am I here? I have to go. Bye.