Thursday, March 23, 2006

Can I have a personal shopper please?

I need new clothes.

I hate to shop.

I don't trust myself to purchase well over the internet (catalogue.) So, I try and reinvent my old clothes... I don't think I'm very good at it, darn. Part of why I don't like to go shopping is because there really isn't a place in town that is affordable clothing for a professional woman who prefers to look casual. There's Zooeys, but I can't afford to go there...wish I could. Sibling Revelry is fun if you can find something in your size that's also on sale : ) I love to go to Peak Sports, that's really where my heart is...but, alas, the cool stuff is always so expensive. Second Glance is a second hand clothing store and they are very nice. I've had a bit of success there, but you need to be a good shopper and return frequently. Like I said, I'm not a good shopper.
Part of why I don't enjoy shopping for clothes is the trying on part... I don't like to be in a small room worrying that I'll step on a pin, or worst of all... I look in the mirror and it turns out I'm not as much of a goddess as I think I am. Reality is sometimes a bummer.

My ultimate clothes buying experience would be to have a personal shopper. One who understands that I love my shoes and they need to be unique, or I have failed to be true to myself. This personal shopper would go hit the stores with a perfect understanding of my taste (not a mini-skirt to be seen) and drop the clothes off at my home. I would try them on at my leisure and leave the ones I don't want in the "don't want, please return" container. I would have no responsibility in returning the clothes... that would be my shoppers job.

One thing I do like shopping for...make that two. Two things I like shopping for are glasses and cars.

I need to wear glasses all of the time. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else if I didn't provide them with a nice view. My theory: If I have to wear them... (and I have to, I can't wear contacts) they will be art.

As for my car buying fetish... it's a power thing. I love cutting a deal. It's great fun for me to see someone try and show me what a great deal I'm getting... fools, they have no idea who they're dealing with.

Hey, it's time to say good night...good night.

ch

3 comments:

Vita said...

Thank you for writing. What a treat to find your nice post about the travails of dressing room mirrors and pouring through racks and racks of clothing to find nothing to suit! Augh! A personal shopper would take care of the having-to-stand-too-close-to-the-mirror problem and taking off your clothes with just a thin wall or curtain between you and the world. Augh! Augh! Augh! I have to go put on more layers of clothing now.

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,
If you find out that you have a "thing" for glasses, it's well worth the trip to Eugene to "Rainbow Optics" near campus. Very cool frames...

Vita,
I agree AUGH! AUGH! AUGH!

Vita said...

You are gone. I hope you are having a nice vacation. Do you have relatives that buy you things you can't wear?