Sunday, May 11, 2008

This Past Week...

This weekend I had the unfortunate luck of getting food poisoning. I thought I was going to die. I'm on the mend, but still being very careful on what I'm eating. So, what caused it? The only thing I had that Thursday evening was miniature turkey burgers from Ruby Tuesdays. Even as I wrote the words of what I ate, I still get a little queasy. I'm sure it was the turkey burgers...


For something more uplifting...

Happy Mothers day! I don't know what I'll be doing today... my son was already at work by the time I awoke and my daughter's still asleep. The weather doesn't look like it's going to be great, but I think my husband and I will try to find something to do to get out of the house. Perhaps Costco? I like going to Costco, but I can't buy the stuff I want, because I'm apparently the only one who wants that stuff.


The husband will be changing jobs at the end of the month. He'll be with a different company and will take a pay cut. Hopefully, it's a one step back, two steps forward sort of a deal. It has me only slightly nervous. I know we'll be OK. I just hope I can be helpful and cut my spending... you see, I've always tried not too spend much. I buy most of my clothes at Goodwill, and Ross. I really don't know how I can cut down any further except to ride my bike more... which I can (and can't) do. I travel between schools for my job and sometimes it would be impossible to make it on time if I were to ride my bike. I've planted hanging salad baskets for the summer and it looks like we'll have lots of pasta and rice in the pantry.

We saw Iron Man yesterday afternoon, I liked it! Though, there were a few scenes in it that made me queasy (left over turkey burger feeling). It's a fun summer film... and now I'm excited to see the new Indiana Jones!

Ummm, that's it.
~ch

11 comments:

BoggyWoggy said...

Yeah, dropping from $185,000 to $165,000 will be tough. Ha, ha! Just kiddin', CH.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha indeed!
Gee wiz...
Geez.
Ga.

BoggyWoggy said...

Well, I managed to hit Costco Sunday and only spent $119, which is a record for me, as I usually hit the $250-300 mark each trip. Of course, the difference this time is that handsome husband was with me, which really limits my options. He tends to watch what I pick up and say stuff like, "What do you need THAT for?" Sort of bursts my spending bubble.
Love ya, Carnivore!

BoggyWoggy said...

NEED NEW BLOG!
NEED NEW BLOG!
NEED NEW BLOG!!!

BoggyWoggy said...

Read the comment above, CH. READ it!

Vita said...

Oh, rats. I thought I was going to see something here about buzzards. I think I saw boggywoggy's hat move.

BoggyWoggy said...

Ugh. What a waste of time to even venture into this site. The owner must really be either lazy or stupid. I'm thinking stupid, but that's just me...

Anonymous said...

i dreamt u got food poisoning cuz you were rude to me, hippy, awhile back...lol

..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Anonymous,
What are you talking about??
Why are you anonymous? If I was rude to you, tell me what happened. Maybe you were rude too... but I don't know, because (or cuz) you are being cryptic.

BoggyWoggy said...

Hmmm...I have no idea who could have written the above. I think it was a devil. Yeah, that's right...someone is on to you being an atheist and they put a hex on you.