Friday, June 09, 2006

I Have an Attraction...


Today I went to pick up some "Thank you" cards for gifts I have received and I am dreadfully behind in showing my appreciation... arhg, I am so bad at this!

Anyway, I'm standing in the checkout line at the Hallmark store (which I usually try to avoid, because even the air smells "cute" (gag) and I can't stand that...) and I look down and see these cool magnets. I am a sucker for magnets, rocks and glass. All of these things, I cannot kill.

So I pick up one and the Hallmark lady says to "grab two and throw them in the air." How cool is this? I'm in the place I don't like to go and they actually tell me to pick up heavy objects and throw them...yipee!!

So, I throw. They attach. They spin. They make cool sounds. I spent $5 and now, I'm even starting to annoy myself, because I can't stop messing around with them.

I wonder if I bought two more and threw all four in the air, would that sound even cooler?

Does anyone else out there have these? And are there other tricks you can do with them? I've already made a nose ring and have stuck them everywhere that they'll take... so, what should I try? Ideas welcome!

So there it is... a challenge.

What cool thing do you do with magnets?

~ch

2 comments:

Vita said...

It is no doubt your magnetic personality that attracted you to the magnets in the first place. I was in that store the other day a while back, and they had me play with some gizmo, too. It was very fun. What, you ask? I forgot. All I remember about magnet games (that don't involve metal filings) is that like poles repel.

Unknown said...

You are too kind, dear Vita.

Speaking of Poles repeling... Did you watch Ecuador and Poland?

Go Trinidad and Tobego!!