Monday, January 08, 2007

To go to the Gym, or not?

I broke my foot in October, so my excuse from going to the gym was valid (at least I thought so.) Now my spiffy husband wants to know if I want to go tonight... Well, yes I do, but now it's going to seem like I'm only going to the gym because it's the first of the year.
I know I don't need to prove anything to anyone, but still... I'd like the allusion to be that, of course, I go to the gym...even mid-season.
What I really want to do is stay at home with a hot cuppa tae (yes, tae.)
Work was good today. I did something that I've been wanting to do for a year now and because I finally did it... I feel like a weight has been lifted (not enough weight to excuse me from the gym though.)
I had several phone calls to the house today with messages saying "CH, this is your dad, can we meet for lunch?" That freaked me out a bit, as my dad left when I was 14 and I haven't seen him since. Turns out it was the wrong number... I was relieved, then slightly bummed, as he still hasn't tried to get in contact after all these years. I know he has other children... this information I obtained in a questionable manner by calling his home and stating that I was with the census bureau and I had a few questions... "Are you married?" "Do you have children?" "What are their ages?" that sort of thing. Is that psycho? Anyway, he doesn't let the census bureau know about me, weird.
I guess I'll go to the gym. I could never leave my kids.
ch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again. :)

I'm with you... can't understand parents who just up and leave. How are they capable? My ex-husband's father did so when he was two and his twin sisters were two weeks old. Vanished. Finally tried to contact them again when they were all adults, and it turns out he just wanted to see if anyone had made enough money to offer him a loan.

From what I've observed, however, those who are abandoned tend to be great parents, though...fully engaged, you might say. Might be tragic for the child who is left, but a blessing in disguise for their own children?